[picapp align="none" wrap="false" link="term=rock+climbing&iid=7204553" src="5/b/8/b/Outdoor_Sports_353c.jpg?adImageId=8209675&imageId=7204553" width="500" height="744" /]Have you found that there is never enough time to actually accomplish all that you “desire” to do? Sometimes I get up in the morning with a list a mile long that is leftover from yesterday. How many times have I put off painting or drawing for other things that seem more important? How long have I been promising myself that I will revisit learning French, write a note to someone, bake bread or visit an old friend? It just seems that it is easier to take the habitual road than to break new ground.
But I’ve done it before. I’ve taken that first step to initiate a new idea or project in spite of my perception of time's scarcity.
- List things that you know are important stepping stones when viewed from the perspective of your entire life. Ask how you would feel if you never tried this? Where does it fit in your life, if you live each day as if it were your first?
- Think of the fleeting moment that is your life on earth and how this currently deferred venture will fit in?
- If it meets the criteria, make a plan to integrate it into your day. A daily habit is great because it helps to bring you to the table.
- Find a little time in between things. Do not over schedule or pack time too tightly. At the beginning or end of the day is simple and not jarring. For an early morning person, rise earlier. If you are a night owl, stay up 30 minutes later. But don’t do both at the same time. Sleep is a necessity for creative thinking. Leave a window in between projects that is larger than you think you need.
- Set aside 30 minutes each day.
- Re prioritize your life. be more expedient at the things that you are already used to doing and give yourself a healthy but finite time to do them.
- When you enter that newly found time space, breathe in and breathe out.
- Slow down.
- Allow yourself the deep luxury of being in the now moment.
Finally time opens up, welcoming you into the flow.