You would be amazed at how hard it was for me to pull myself together last week to balance creating with sharing my work, and all of my daily practices. I had been sick and exhausted and so had to allow myself a rest.
I was struggling to accomplish even the smallest thing, Everything was distracting me! I put one foot in front of the other, staying in the now moment. Eventually, I found this article about what to do each day to keep creating and sharing your work.. I put it into action.
I remembered to keep it simple. And as my Dad used to say:
"As you travel on through life, brother, let this motto be your goal. Keep your eye upon the doughnut , and not upon the hole." Optimist's Creed via S. Keith Vendryes
In my case, the "doughnut" is first creating the work, documenting and sharing. Reviewing this list each day makes sure I stay on track and consistent.
- Create art
- Meet & record contacts
- Do routine photoshoots, each upon completion of a body of work
- Organize artist statement, bio, CV, press/ cloud-accessible
- Create collections, categorize-type/subject/genre - send out
- Research/document exhibits, residencies, grants past/future
- Follow up on invoiced and customers.
- Share inventory list with five potential outlets
- Update online presence with news, posts, social
- Choose to view shows, openings, exhibits. Schedule.
The next step is to continue organizing my space.
And to keep my attention from being hijacked, I find that replacing the angst that accompanies reading the news with a commitment to meditating and creating art as a response, works.
Life is a transformative process.
❤️ What do you do to keep yourself on track, while still remaining aware of the neverending barage of national & world events? reply in a comment below or on facebook or .